Healthy Recipe: Home Made Italian Bruschetta
I LOVE Italian food and the one thing I never miss ordering in an Italian restaurant is always Bruschetta. Therefore, Today I am sharing with you the super easy, super healthy recipe for the Bruschetta sauce, together with 2 different options for serving: One for lunch and one as a healthy nutritious snack. I promise, this is one recipe that would please you as well as impress your guests!
- Fresh Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil Leaves (Substitute dry basil if fresh is not available)
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- A handful of Garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Medium pieces chicken breast
- 1 Whole Grain Baguette
- Chop the garlic into small pieces. Remember, You can use as much 9or less) garlic as you desire but 3 cloves is a good start for this serving
- In a small pan, heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil and put the garlic for 1 minute only, just enough to set off the taste. You will know its ready as soon as it becomes Yellow-ish and before it turns brown.
- Then put all in a bowl. Olive oil and garlic.
- Chop a handful of cherry tomatoes in half and place them into the bowl
- Then take the basil leaves and chop them into small pieces and put them in the bowl as well
- Then drizzle with a tablespoon of Balsamic Vinegar, and a dash of salt and pepper
- Wisk it all together and taste to add whatever you feel you need more of (I added more garlic!)
- Let it cool down and voila!
How delicious does that smell?
- As an Appetizer/Snack - Whole Grain Bruschetta: Cut the Whole Grain Baguette into medium thick rounds and place in the oven for 10 minutes (or until toasted). Afterwards, place the Bruschetta spread evenly on each bread round and enjoy as a healthy snack!
- As a lunch meal - Bruschetta Chicken: Grill two pieces of chicken breast or pan-cook in 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil until thoroughly cooked. Place on a plate and spread the sauce on top and enjoy!